here are some things I was thinking during today’s monthly herding of faculty into a room:
- i should have grabbed a muffin before sitting down.
- people have such unlikely wave gestures and some do *not* match the wo/man.
- so that’s what a restrained collective gasp sounds like.
- don’t look up, don’t look up, don’t look up…
- i blame the accidental decaf for stifling my ability to be appalled.
- did every generation not learn the “pointing is rude” rule?
- finger snaps seem to come out of nowhere; i’m never prepared for them.
- why are there three empty rows in front of me? aka: no cover for texting in plain sight.
- don’t get caught texting. please don’t get caught texting.
- people who haven’t gone through tenure really don’t understand tenure and probably shouldn’t use tenure as a throwaway noun.
- what fool am i to donate two hours to these shenanigans?
- if this were a tv show, who would play _____ and who would play _____? oh, and there would definitely be dire straits montage.
- that’s the second time i’ve heard or read the phrase “advanced organizer” in the span of two days.
- damn, i am lucky L is my friend. ok, glad i stayed.
- no “short” story ever began with “One day in the summer of 1978…”
- is it noon yet?
and then it was noon.