All the many pages of words to be consumed, devoured, processed…
First, the new ones on the list so far:
Hunger Games Trilogy( Hunger Games; Catching Fire; Mocking Jay)
- Then Came You
The Elegance of the Hedgehog Open City(having discovered the writing of Teju Cole, I feel somehow part of a secret, a holder of something magnificent, as a reader of his words.) A Severed Head Campo Santo Wanderlust Rings of Saturn Speak, Memory— oh, Nabokov… you old so ‘n so…
- The Moral Animal
- Cutting for Stone
- London Rising — a recommendation from e, the speediest reader i know.
Disgrace— read this, mouth agape the entire time.
And of course, a few oldies but goodies:
- Anna Karenina
- Anne of Green Gables
- A Wrinkle in Time
- The Idiot
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Words in Air: The Complete Correspondence Between Elizabeth Bishop and Robert Lowell (excerpts & more about this collection in this New Yorker piece)
- Letters: 1925 – 1975, between Hannah Arendt and Martin Heidegger
- The Browning Letters — 573 letters worth of correspondence detailing the courtship between Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 1845-1846
I’m taking any and all suggestions so please share recommendations!